Wilson Security Racing GRM
Scott McLaughlin News
- 21 Feb | Young kiwi CAMS personality of the year
- 6 Feb | Volvo livery unleashed on team video
- 25 Oct | Polestar drivers taste V8 Supercars
- 27 Aug | GRM switches test to Tuesday
- 8 Aug | Volvo Car Australia raises more than $1million for brain cancer
- 2 Aug | Stewards Summary: Coates Hire Ipswich 400
- 11 Mar | Rogers Explains Volvo Issues
- 20 Jan | Valvoline Signs as GRM Naming Rights Sponsor
Having stepped up from the Dunlop Series as the reigning Champion, McLaughlin made his debut in the 2013 V8 Supercar Championship. He made an impact immediately, qualifying in the ARMOR ALL Top 10 Shootout for his first official full-time race at the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide.
McLaughlin went onto to take two Championship races wins and finished the 2013 season 10th in the Championship, earning him the the Mike Kable Young Gun Award, recognising rookie of the year.
In 2014 McLaughlin had the opportunity to develop and race a new car, with Valvoline Racing GRM making the switch from Holden to Volvo and debuting the Volvo Polestar S60s at the first round in Adelaide.
It proved to be a very successful year for GRM, Volvo Polestar Racing and Scott, winning 5 races, making 10 podiums and claiming 10 ‘Pole’ positions ending the year 5th in the Championship Standings and being awarded the coveted Barry Sheene Medal.
Scott and Volvo have now proved that the Volvo will be a championship threat in 2015.